Style Guide: Velvet Seating
Velvet is the epitome of indulgence. It's rich and cosy, and looks incredible in every shade thanks to it's luxurious sheen and depth of colour. Velvet is perfect for the living room, bedroom and for creating a cosy reading spot. At Voyage we have a range of velvet seating options; chairs, chaise lounges and stools. Stunning classic silhouettes with a retro feel.
How to Style Velvet Seating: In a Country Home
Select a velvet chair by pulling out a colour in your sofa or curtains, here we've matched the 2 Seater Betty in the Hydrangea print and drawn out the deep purple, by choosing the Nero Lapis in Fig.
- Paint neutral walls to match the background colour of the Hydrangea print
- Accessorise with vases of florals and foliage
- Add a patterned cushion to the velvet chair, either go matching with a hydrangea print cushion, or another floral, such as our Dusky Blooms print
- Add plain and semi plain cushions to the sofa to break up the print, our Zicron velvet cushions will tie the look together.
How to Style Velvet Seating: In a Contemporary Home
Make a statement with a contrasting colour velvet seating arrangement. The Nero Lapis Spice Velvet Chair and Paris Chaise in Zircon Chiffon are a perfect pairing, with their matching tufted upholstery and subtly curved contours.
- Pink and green is one of our favourite colour combinations. This warm toned seating would look incredible against a dark green wall or alternatively you could fill the room with house plants.
- Pair with a metallic side table and our Azima table lamp to create a cosy reading spot.
- Use a rug to draw the focus of the room to these statement pieces, ensure you buy one big enough to go underneath the front legs of the chair, we love the Netherton printed rug.
- Add cushions and throws in contrasting fabrics. Leathers, wools, satins and silks look great against velvet.